NEW! Welcome to Improving Your Blog, the newest feature you’ll see semi regularly on Funky Junk Interiors! Due to your overwhelming response, let’s learn how to make those blogs work better and get prettier!
There’s a new direct link on the right side bar if you wish to revisit any of the tips already covered. Keep tuning in to learn how to improve your blog yourself! So let’s try something new today, shall we?
Installing Link Within
What is it?
You’ll see a new feature I just learned how to add today. It’s called a Link Within which looks like this…
How it works
The Link Within picks up keywords within your post, and links up like minded posts with thumbnails attached. This feature encourages visitors to further investigate your blog which in return creates more browsing interest and higher page hits. To me it simply resembles a welcome mat to invite viewers inside. I personally enjoy this option and visit it frequently. Want one too? Read on! It’s EASY!
How to Install
1. Scroll down under this post, right click on the LINK WITHIN text, right click, then OPEN IN NEW WINDOW. (now you can continue to read this post AND load your widget)
2. Enter the info the page asks… then click GET WIDGET!
3. This part baffled me just abit so I’ll explain it ABC style. Where it says click install widget, click THAT INSTALL WIDGET greyish box. (I was looking everywhere else for that command which didn’t exsist!)
4. Add Page Element window opens - select ADD WIDGET.
5. Your widget will now appear on your blog in the sidebar. You simply drag it to your desired position, hit preview, then save. Done! Your widget window is super self explainatory from here with good screen captures to help you.
I’m going to be completely honest here. I can’t see the best corrolation between the topics the widget chooses vs your current blog post at times. Then other times it works. There are other ways to tweak this feature (other than using Link Within) so you can pick and choose your own tags for improved matches, but this was a good start and it IS kinda cool regardless.
Now, aren’t you glad you did that?!? Let me know how you made out!