I don’t know what I’d do without my iPhone.
Did you know I have two? Not on purpose. I lost #1 then bought #2, then #1 came home but then I lost #2 and needed #1 again. #2 was returned so now I’m back to two. Some people only need one but I guess when you get old, you need duplicates of everything. Now I just need 8 sets of keys, 5 purses with 5 identical wallets, and 4 sets of glasses and all would be perfect. I’ll no doubt work on that too.
Anyway, glad I have my iPhone(s) so I can take these pictures on the run!
Evil sewing machine,
Oh Canada, and
1. I took my sewing machine out of hiding and we’re trying to be friends. It’s sitting beside my computer but I think it has an attitude problem. No friendly banter at all! My computer is MUCH more cheerful. Dunno. I have to mull this over for another 3 years maybe.
2. I found an Oh Canada styled hoodie at the thrift! In love, eh?
3. I resisted. My son and I walked to the local store for his slushie, and I nearly went for a crappy frothy coffee. But I said no. Calories, you know.
4. And then I went to Starbucks the next day and had a new vanilla spice latte. JUMBO size they call vente so it sounds charming. Let’s not mince words. It’s JUMBO. And decadent. Low cal of course. (cough)
If a junker
5. I’ve been less than pleased with the thrift store selections of late. They must be cleaned out from the big Christmas rush maybe. I’m just not finding ANYthing I like. So I bit the bullet and peeked into a (gasp!) retail outlet. HomeSense is Canada’s HomeGoods. Same thing.
6. So if a junker had a line of products, what would she style and sell? Yeah, loving that old sign tray just fine!
7. How about a faux shutter? I really liked this. Like, a lot. They had two. It was hard.
8. Swoon… Patchwork reclaimed lumber? Super cool!
It sure was fun to peek into the retail world for a spell! In fact, I liked it a little too much. That area of town is officially dangerous as of now. Plus it has a Starbucks next door… scratch danger. It needs a legal quarantine.
9. Well, I did go to a couple thrift stores today. Found this cool kettle styled pot or whatever it is. It was a little steep at $20 for something ‘unretail’ so I left it.
10. BUT… my son and his Big Brother will be playing darts in no time. I landed this bristle board self healing dart board for $10. Total song. These things are amazing, they will never have holes. Now to clean up the boy’s room and find a wall…
11. When doing a job last week, I was in a warehouse with this really cool crate high up into the rafters. I’d never seen such a high end finished looking crate before, it was as if the wood was branded and stained/varnished. It was so pretty!
12. Ever walk up a ladder and wish you had a place for your junk? Well, today I walked up one and lo and behold, there was a large platform on top. It was a double sided ladder too. All wood. I hereby declare all ladders need this design!
In other news, I’ve been tampering around with a new blog design alongside some pros that’s nearly complete (squeal! it’s junkalicious!) and…
what else… nothing yet. I always feel like saying one more thing but I got nothin’.
Except 2 iPhones.
All Instagram updates to date are HERE.
Enter your email
to have Funky Junk’s blog posts sent to your inbox.