son – “Do we have meat? And buns? And cheese?”
me – “Yup!”
son – “I have an idea…”
I love it when my boy is hungry. And this was our dinner tonight.
These are similar to pizza buns, but with a small tweak of ingredients. Basically put, this is what we had on hand, and they turned out delicious!
Warning: make MORE than you think you’ll want. You’re welcome.
- Buns of choice (we used white)
- Cheese of choice (we used monterey jack)
- Deli meat of choice (we used old fashioned ham)
- Spaghetti sauce (we used homemade meatless, made from tomato juice / onion / garlic powder)
- 1. Open buns.
- 2. Spread with spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover with meat.
- 4. Cover with cheese.
- 5. Add more spaghetti sauce.
- 6. Broil on top rack (low) only until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Nice served with veggies and dip, a side salad or bowl of soup. Just make more than you think you'll want. You won't believe how good these are!