“Click HERE to upgrade to First Class.”
I stared at the laptop screen, wondering if I should treat myself to a seat upgrade for one of my flights home from the Snap conference. I decided to be adventurous, prepping myself with, “Go on, you’re worth it!” Then I decided no.
But my eyes wandered hopelessly to the option again.
What the hey…. “CLICK”.
The next screen informed me my two bags would be free. In other words, the upgrade was kinda free because I would have paid that anyway.
Arriving at the Salt Lake City airport, I noted First Class even had their own luggage dropoff area. And a little blue carpet.
I admit I glanced around to see if I was getting any miffed off stares. You know… the kind I may or may not have thrown out myself on occasion. (you get what you give?)
Can you tell I’m rather new to small luxuries? I am. If you’ve read my story, you’ll understand why.
Thing is, my entire trip on the SNAP conference felt like pampering. With a stunning home away from home hotel, impeccible service, mind boggling classes, the warmest of friends, and sights that made my jaw drop, my entire Salt Lake City adventure was truly first class all the way.
So the first class ticket home was the cherry on top.
Anyway, this first class experience? I was rather giddy to have achieved it! The last time I’ve been in first class was when I went travelling with my parents back in the day. I remember coach being full and they moved all of us up to 1st.
My brother and I sat wide eyed as the continual I Love Lucy styled conveyer belt of pop and nuts never stopped. And served us on glass dishes… with MENUS. I never forgot the experience, but have never utilized 1st class since.
Until my flight home.
So dear friends, through the eyes of an adult (that ought to know better…) here are my spy notes on how first class rolls…
12 reasons to fly first class
12. You get served water before takeoff. No waiting 2 hours for a squeaky cart.
11. The seats are like BIG, leather recliners. Too bad I forgot my robe and slippers.
10. There’s so much leg room in front of your knees, you feel like you’re sitting in Papa Bear’s chair.
9. The area between the seats has a little table, so you don’t have to knock knees with a stranger crunching on smelly chips. Both of which appear to bother me. Who knew.
8. The dinner trays are embedded inside the arm rests. I do not know why. Very Transformer like.
7. They have their own bathrooms! With no line ups! EVER! In fact, it’s a miracle to see anyone even stand in front of one. (this alone is worth the upgrade)
6. Lunch comes with your seat. I asked. Because I’m not very cool.
5. And it was delish! And fresh. And not out of a sealed box.
4. Your lunch is placed on glass dishes using real cutlery, complete with a cloth napkin! Nice!
3. My ginger ale came in a glass cup that fit your hand like a glove, with a LOT of ice. Nicer!
2. The engine sounded quieter/different than in coach.
But the coolest thing about being in first class?
1. No WING pictures in your air shots! YEAH! But how weird. (any guesses where this is?)
See? The wing is WAY back there. I REALLY had to make an effort to catch it.
And naturally after getting spoiled, my whoppin’ 45 min flight from Seattle to Vancouver was on a Barbie Doll plane with no first class options in sight. At least the guy next to me wasn’t eating smelly chips. #smallblessings
Well friends, aside from this tongue in cheek post, I am SO happy to be home! My kitties didn’t even give me the stink eye… they loved me just the same if not more. My son isn’t home yet but it’s all good. The most aggressive thing I did today was sit on the yellow swing by the creek out back with a cup of coffee in my hand.
I have SO much cool stuff to share. Places I saw, things I did, friends I met… and you know I’m also good for a little junk, no?