So while this idea is not really my own, here’s my own junk take. Junk for joy reclaimed wood letters. With a wreath. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- pallet wood
- cordless drill
- screws and washers
- masking tape
How I did it:
- Create one letter by cutting down boards to desired sizes to determine overall size.
- Masking tape a line above and below the letter.
- Measure and cut the Y to fit.
- Go grab a wreath for the O, praying you didn’t make the J and Y too big for it.
- Maybe find a wreath of choice first…
- The letters were joined by predrilling pilot holes, then inserting screws. Easy! Done!
Note the washers WITH the screws? They beef up the junk jewelry just a tad.
So weird, yet kinda wonderful in its own right, don’t you think? 🙂
And a battery operated tea light offers a little flickering illumination.
And if you were here yesterday, you will know the secret to the cheater faux to real tree in the strainer. It proved to be the perfect companion for this project!
And here it is as a junky JOY deer sign. Learn more HERE.
This junk for joy lettering indeed makes me joyful!