When a teen bakes – Spaghetti Sauce Buns
son – “Do we have meat? And buns? And cheese?”
me – “Yup!”
son – “I have an idea…”
I love it when my boy is hungry. And this was our dinner tonight.
These what we officially now call Spaghetti Sauce Buns are similar to pizza buns, but with a small tweak of ingredients. Basically put, this is what we had on hand, and they turned out delicious!
And if my teen kiddo can make them on his own, even better! These are super kid-friendly, and so good! But the key is baking them. Don’t forget that part!
Warning: make MORE than you think you’ll want. You’re welcome.
- Buns of choice (we used white)
- Cheese of choice (we used monterey jack)
- Deli meat of choice (we used old fashioned ham)
- Spaghetti sauce (we used homemade meatless, made from tomato juice / onion / garlic powder)
- 1. Open buns.
- 2. Spread with spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover with meat.
- 4. Cover with cheese.
- 5. Add more spaghetti sauce.
- 6. Broil on top rack (low) only until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Nice served with veggies and dip, a side salad or bowl of soup. Just make more than you think you'll want. You won't believe how good these are!