“Dum dee dum dummm…. having fun taking a photo shoot… lah lah lahhhhh… going well, gonna throw them on the computer and get them on the ‘ol blog… happy happy joy jo…..”
“DRAT!!! The nail on the wall ruins everything!”
You know the drill. You can forget to pick something off the floor. You can detest a cord that’s in a picture. You think you have a great shot until you see it on your computer.
Would your day improve just a little if you knew you could FIX those oop’ses within seconds rather than taking a new photo shoot? For free?
Photo editing is where it’s at, friends! I would NEVER publish a photo until it’s run through the freebie program Picasa.
There are other programs others can share with you in comments. However out of the two that I have, I go to Picasa even before I go to Photoshop Elements.
I’ve covered how to play in Picasa before HERE.
However, today I’m going to share my #1 most fav fix of all.
~ Retouching ~
1. Download Picasa (at Picasa.com) if you don’t have it already. It’s free and you’ll love it!
2. Select import and bring a picture into your window. This is what you’ll see. (Picasa is avail for both PC and Mac)
3. To the left side, you’ll see this box. Select Basic Fixes, then select Retouch.
4. Hover your pointer over your photo and you’ll see a circle. That’s called your brush.
5. Go back to the box and create your brush size.
- 6. Click on whatever you wish to fix
- then move the circle to another place that offers you your desired background
- click there
7. You are done. The 2nd circle click takes a picture of the 2nd location and puts it into your first location.
I use Retouch for nearly every single photo.
But I do more than that as well.
See this awful night shot? And that ugly chain along the ceiling?
This is what it looks like after I ran it through Picasa. Seriously.
Wanna know how I tweaked the tones? You can read about my first Picasa lesson HERE. And then I suggest to play play play. You’ll soon see what works and what doesn’t.
So.. stop sweating over those small oversights in your photos. Fix’em up later!
_ _ _ _
My camera is a point and shoot and I do 99% of my editing in Picasa. This post is proof you don’t have to have the highest end equipment on the market to get great pics. With a little know how, you can improve your own photography 100%.
Love photo tips? I’m coming up with a more thorough way to share photo editing and photography info with you, so stay tuned! This is only the tip of the iceberg.
What’s your favorite photo editing feature? And in what program?