Welcome to Saturday Nite Special #134, the multi themed DIY link party!
* Home Decor / Gardening
* Crafts, / Sewing / Recipes / Printables / Blog tips
* Theme of the week
Every Fri 7pm to Sunday 11 pm Pacific.
I have a relationship with barbed wire from my past. It circled our farmland attempting to keep the cows in the field. It didn’t always work, and sometimes we even ran into it by mistake. Ouch! So yeah, it’s prickly and can be rather dangerous. However, if careful, it’s cool to look at and fun to play with!
Just wear gloves. 🙂
So what to do with it? I just have a simple little circle of it I found like this.
And it ended up…
… on my junk inspired mantel,
… as a wreath on the fall mantel,
Christmas 2011 mantel
… just for some rusty fun on the Christmas mantel,
horse gate headboard
… and finally, on my headboard to chime in with the outdoor theme.
I admit, this was playing it safe. If you’d like to visit some rather daring projects, check them out at:
my barbed wire pinterest board above.
Have any barbed wire decor you’d like to share?
Please share it in this weekend’s 3rd themed linkup!
Coming up next:
May 25 – Picture Perfect full room reveals
~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~
1. DIY home projects only pretty please. Items for sale must be in tutorial form on your blog.
2. Please link back to the party (text or button) within your post. See BUTTONS under main blog header. Those that link back will have a chance to be featured.
3. Only projects new to SNS please. The themed linkup is an exception.
4. By linking up here, you’re cool with me featuring you on my blog, Pinterest or FJI Facebook with no additional permission required.
Join us on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter this weekend for party highlights!