It’s been awhile since I did a little Instagram Update!
Here’s what I’ve been up to when not at the computer…
1. I took in Granny and Grumpa’s once again. My oh my this place is fun to visit but dress warm as none of the barns are heated.
2. How giddy I was before heading out! Warm farmer’s jacket… CHECK!
3. Grumpa sold me these sweet barnwood sawhorses. I heart them with all my heart!
I like Grumpa. He wanders the yard when he isn’t milking, nothing is priced yet he knows EXACTLY how much he wants for each trinket. He had just pulled in with a big truckload. He rolls down his window and yells at me, “Wanna work?!”
I ended up in the back of his pickup handing down a spaghetti twisted mountain of chairs to other shoppers that put them away. Grumpa gave us a deal for helping. I would have done it without the deal but took it all the same. 😉
4. I also picked up a metal coke sign, old trunk, and a few other goodies I haven’t blogged about yet. Soon! I have plans for all of it but time for… none. But soon! 🙂 #hordemuch?
5. My colourful hydrangeas in my dresser got hit with some frost one morning and they all turned ‘lunchbag beige’. They are even more gorgeous now! I forgot to pull them out and talk about that on my Google Hangout.
6. I took in Spruce Collective, a gorgeous vintage inspired goods place in downtown Abbotsford, BC Canada. If you’re in town, you must go! This amazing light fixture was located inside their workshop area… it is even more fabulous in person. I want it!
7. My funky little stool I found at a thrift for $6. It’s in the horde pile. Soon! 🙂
8. I had just come home from Bella Rustica where I worked up a sweat just breathing and was FREEZING when I got home. This was the first day I eagerly slipped on my new black denim padded jacket. I love wearing jackets year around, (and flannel shirts) so that’s one good thing about being in wet coast BC I suppose.
9. I took my son to First Choice and BAM… we were hit with an indoor carnival! Truly, it was magical. One of the talented hairdressers did this herself. It really looked as if a pro came in and did it with a team of other pros. Phenomenal.
10. I love it when the sky turns red at night.
11. Five Guys Burgers and Fries always shovel you a ridiculously amazing amount of fries with your order. A human really can’t eat that many! But we do try. 🙂
12. My funny little cat lounging once again in her favorite spot. I gave her a carnival ride the other day when I spun my chair around not knowing she was even there! Must. Spin. Slooowwwwlllyyyyy….
13. That sweet burlap banner is from a blog reader. I’m going to take a photoshoot of the things she sent me. They are DARLING! I’m the luckiest blogger ever! Thank-you dear friend!
14. One of my favorite cheat eats (something I don’t have to make or cook myself) is this mexican layered dip for chips. Yum!! I down these on the weekends when my son isn’t with me… best non cookin’ dinners or lunches ever. 🙂
15. I pulled out the Christmas lights and was pleasantly surprised to find I didn’t desire to use anything else in the box. I love living simply and using stuff that’s already out. 🙂
16. My fav go to breakfast is bran flakes, chopped walnuts, fresh fruit and vanilla yogurt. Add milk, eat and run! It’s delish and kinda good for you too.
17. The aftermath of my live Google Hangout.
It comes with a little story on how not all things go as planned. 30 min before air time I was having trouble with several windows open, then Google coughed and sputtered, so I decided to reboot to make sure all things went smoothly.
Well… I couldn’t get back on. Error messages galore, I downloaded the ap again but the machine wouldn’t accept it. I swear… 1 minute to go and I ended up in the chat room completely stressed and stunned it worked!
The anxiety of the freak out had me talking without periods… haha sorry about that! Next time I’m NOT rebooting and will just let the thing load for an hour if it has to! But thanks for your kind words all the same for those that watched!
You can follow me on Instagram at funkyjunkinteriors.
Don’t have an iPhone? You can follow online HERE.
All Instagram blog Updates are HERE.
I also have a new post up on FOLK Magazine’s blog,
Enter your email
to have Funky Junk’s blog posts sent to your inbox.
Delivered by FeedBurner