Chef styled Omelette
What I love about omelettes is that they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This is the method a chef used when we stayed at a hotel not long ago and I’ve done it this way ever since. Easy and delicious!
– chop up whatever you love
above: green onions, fresh tomatoes and mushrooms, deli ham, cheddar cheese
other ideas: shrimp, bacon or sausage pieces, red or green peppers, etc.
– add a bit of olive oil in fry pan
– stir fry all except eggs and cheese
– lower the heat
– pour in egg, allow to cook a bit, season as desired
– as omelet cooks, tip pan to allow pooled up egg to travel to pan surface
– allow to cook a bit longer, then sprinkle on cheese
– flip top over and slide onto plate.
Why I love it:
This is a healthy meal made with whole, fresh ingredients. It’s a little like eating your salad inside your scrambled eggs. I now look forward to the fresh crunch. I never feel tired or sluggish after having one but feel fulfilled and energized for a good long while, which rates 5 stars for me! Best thing about it: it can be customized to your own taste.
The last picture is not the same omelette I made with all those ingredients. But it is made the same way.
That ‘other omelette burned while I did the photo shoot, then proceed to fall on the floor. Really.
I’m not a cook, remember? 🙂
p.s. I don’t know how to spell omelette so I googled it. This is one of the options it dictates. That’s good enough for me!
Adding this to the Healthy Recipes’ Linkup!