Welcome to Saturday Nite Special, the multi themed DIY link party!
* Home Decor / Gardening
* Crafts, / Sewing / Recipes / Printables / Blog tips
* Theme of the week
Every Fri 7pm to Sunday 11 pm Pacific.
So, looking back, what was your own personal favourite project during Sept/Oct?
I don’t mean fall themed, just something you made.
I had a perfectly pretty coffee table for a long while. It was even the ultimate Lego table because of the outer ridge. But I knew early on that I wouldn’t have it forever. I was still experimenting with whites at the time, and while pretty and functional, I needed my quirky wood back.
So I gave the table to my sweet neighbour Torrie…
… so I could make way for my pallet wood handmade coffee table. YES! Can you see the real me in this room now?!
I fell in love with the size of the white one so the new one is similar. 36 x 48 to be exact.
The floor wool rug was a steal at a thrift for a whoppin’ $20! And it’s amazing, so very soft and warm on those cold bare feet.
Even the sofa got a mini makeover. I left it as is except piled a mix of coffee bean sacks overtop of existing pillows. No sew, baby… truly, it feels like a brand new room.
I felt the new table needed a new ‘something’, so my little checkerboard tray was born. Quirk meets quirk.
I LOVE the fact that the white table only cost me $20 and some paint. This enabled me to change my mind at any time I desired without feeling guilt.
What’s your favourite Fall (Sept/Oct) project?
Tell us why in comments with your 3rd themed linkup # so we can visit. 🙂
vote on a theme for the remainder of this month (see poll below)
Fri Nov 30 – Picture Perfect full room makeovers
Related features you may enjoy:
~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~
1. DIY home projects only pretty please. Items for sale must be in tutorial form on your blog.
2. Please link back to the party (text or button) within your post. See BUTTONS under main blog header. Those that link back will have a chance to be featured.
3. Only projects new to SNS please. The themed linkup is an exception.
4. By linking up here, you’re cool with me featuring you on my blog, Pinterest, Twitter, FJI Facebook and I Love That Junk with no additional permission required.
Join us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and I Love That Junk this weekend for party highlights!
Enter your email
to have Funky Junk’s blog posts sent to your inbox.
Delivered by FeedBurner