~ Happy summer! ~
For this and the next SNS event, this mom and son team have some weekend summertime plans and computer time will be minimum. However, I’m still happy to host and will peek in when I can. Enjoy the party!
Welcome to Saturday Nite Special #40!
If you’re new here, join in! There are three categories to link to. Home Decor as well as Crafts, Sewing, Recipes, plus the themed link! Check below for this weekend’s theme.
Party starts Fri night and ends Sunday 11pm pacific, so you have all weekend to join!
I LOVE to highlight inspiring posts during the event on the sidebar, so make sure you check in several times over the weekend. You may be next. 🙂
~ This weekend’s themed link ~
What do you see when you drive up to your own home?
I think the front of a house says alot about us. This spotless symmetrical wonder tells me this homeowner has impeccable taste and everything is most likely just so inside. Oh. And take off your shoes. Definitely take OFF those shoes!
I personally gravitate towards front porches. Doesn’t this one beckon you to kick off your shoes and come on in? Barefoot. Notice the gardening isn’t fussy, but more so natural. This place tells me these homeowners are relaxed and casual, and are most likely social. Sitting on a front porch invites roadside conversation. I could move right in!
(images are from Google)
Hmmm… this person wishes she HAD a porch but was innovative enough to sort of create one out of a simple roof overhang, likes junk and is internet savvy with that Espresso grain sack pillow goin’ on. 🙂
I mean, it sure beats this!! Ok.. just for fun, this person:
1. is a collector of junk. They have a garage that’s already full of like minded objects of desire. Before moving in beside them, observe how long stuff like this stays out. If gone within 2 months, they’re just busy but they DO acknowledge it looks terrible. If still there for 2 years, RUN.
(update: the junk is gone. I fall within the 2 month category… whew!)
2. is innovative… pretending to leave the garbage cans out? Not likely. This makes it much easier to unload the vehicle after a road trip AND cart it on out to the driveway on garbage day. Good thinkin!
3. is DIY blog savvy… check out that headboard that’s waiting for hooks. Yup. She’s on the net for sure.
4. is a pro stager… this is all about camouflaging parts of the exterior of this home that aren’t loved. Look at the junk instead of the dated brick posts. Brilliant!
5. is an outdoor/nature lover. Check out that old 200 lb bike. That’s the one she uses every day. You can tell because it’s got a rat trap and plastic fenders added on. If this were a garden decoration, it would be rusty white with a lovely front basket with cascading flowers. Bet she bikes within town at a snail’s pace to simply pick up a vanilla coffee on occasion or to check out the wildflowers on the dike. No speed demon here!
~ ~ ~ ~
I have to tell you something. Only when I walk across the road and visit a neighbour do I truly see what they HAVE to look at. It’s generally enough to freak me out into prompt action! Try it!
So tell me, does your own curb appeal reflect who you really are? What are some changes you desire to make?
~ Upcoming themed linkups ~
your fav project
There! Now you can plan some projects so you can join in easier! I’ll post them in the order you see here.
What other themes would you like to see on SNS? Let me know in comments!
And don’t miss out on this chance for $100 smackaroonies!
Click on the button to get there.
~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~
1. Please link up your intended post, NOT your blog homepage url. (post, then click the title of your post, cut and paste that url)
2. Please put a link in your post that leads back to the party so others can see what’s up! (scroll button on sidebar if you wish)
3. This party is geared for DIY type projects we can all attempt to make ourselves. Items for sale may be linked up IF your entry is posted on your blog and in tutorial style (unless making the item is self explanatory).
5. For Home Decor and Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, please link projects up that are new to SNS and within 1 month old. The 3rd weekly themed link may have older posts and not brand new to SNS.
If you can’t decide which category to enter yours in, please just pick ONE and go with it. It’s all good!