Welcome to Saturday Nite Special #90
Theme – bird / nest inspired projects
If you’re new here, join in! There are three categories to link to. Home Decor as well as Crafts, Sewing, Recipes, plus the 3rd themed link up which stays open indefinitely. Check below for this weekend’s theme.
Party starts Fri night and ends Sunday 11pm pacific, so you have all weekend to join!
I’ll be featuring SNS highlights during the weekend on FJI Facebook, so join in and see what they’re all saying about your stuff. 🙂
This weekend’s theme:
~ bird and nest inspired projects ~
Birds make nests in WAY more places than just trees. I’m a farmer’s daughter and have watched them nest in the strangest of places all my life.
And a nest isn’t always perfect like the kind you buy. Some are a real tossed salad of odds and sods.
How to build your own nest
Funky Junk style
Anything nest like. And stuff birds may find.
Plus real cracked open egg shells. Really. Chickens are birds too, right?
(Michael’s is an hour away… what can I say)
And a base of your choice. Then go have fun!
The cracked open odd sized shells were perfect to give an embedded look. And they’re super light too. 🙂
Remember, birds are MESSY.
Here’s a leaf and twine variation.
And you KNOW this has to be my favorite. 🙂
We just won’t discuss how a monstrous chicken got in that lantern. Some nests deserve abit of mystery…
To prove my point about the non perfect nest, here’s a real one.
Remember where this was found?
My boy went real hungry that summer. 🙂
For more bird/nest inspiration, click the button above.
Have a bird/nest inspired project to share?
Link it up in this weekend’s 3rd themed linkup!
~ healthy recipes ~
Junk Losers, this one’s for you! Put away the cakes and cookies this round. Let’s think of low cal ways to jazz up our meals!
*the order of this list is subject to change: please check weekly for the new theme.
Be sure to check the themed linkups master list to add your newest creations anytime.
They’re always open.
~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~
1. DIY home projects only please. Items for sale may be linked up if you show your project in tutorial form on your blog. Linkups or comments for selling items, advertising your giveaway or promoting your own link party etc. may be removed.
2. Please cut and paste the address of your post, not your home page.
3. Please link back to the party (button or text) within your post. See BUTTONS under main blog header.
4. For Home Decor and Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, please link projects up that are new to SNS and/or within 1 month old. Repeat linkups will be removed.
The themed link up may have older posts and not brand new to SNS and will remain open for your new additions at any time. Click HERE for the main list.
If you can’t decide which category to enter yours in, please just pick ONE and go with it. It’s all good!
5. By linking up to SNS, you’re cool with being highlighted on FJI Facebook, added to the themed linkups and for possible future features on FJI without additional permission required.
Come on over and see if we’re talking about you this weekend. 🙂