PJ 327 – DIY salvaged junk projects
Every Friday, 7 PM through Sunday 11 PM Pacific
Hey guys, welcome to one of the best displays of junk on earth!
Thank you for inspiring me once again. Now I want pickets, wooden shoes, stock lumber, vintage labels, a tattered quilt, and one of my mom’s old 3 tiered stands I use to completely ignore!
This past week on Funky Junk…
* Journal 2 – Yo Yo living teamed up with sunset downtime is about how I tripped through the week with hard stuff. Why is it just when things are going in your favour, something falls through the cracks? I call this one Yo-Yo trippin…
* New junk shopping, a prettier house, and Sandy makes a sign – it all started with a visit from a long time blog reader. What a great day! But to get her back for me cleaning my house for like a week straight, I had her make her own gift… 🙂
* This week’s question:
How long would it take YOU to get your house in order for a guest?
– – – – – –
Oh, the lure of chippy wood is so predominate with this gorgeous feature! I love how these authentic pickets were grouped together to create the perfect backdrop for art, a bulletin board, chalkboard, whatever you wish! With a touch of real greens. Imagine these filled with summer flowers as well!
Send the yellow door my way too, please?
Everyone’s seen plants in pots. But don’t you ADORE this unexpected twist? I may have to take a 2nd look at those wooden shoes in my own stash…
I know well the feeling of desiring something super comfy to sit on outdoors, without dropping a bundle of money. This daybed built with stock lumber makes the cut in a big way! Great tutorial!
Upcycled Vintage Suitcase Side Table, by Pillar Box Blue
This quirky square vintage suitcase may have gotten around some, but those labels aren’t quite what you may think!
And teamed up with those hairpin legs… I want this now.
This post leads to those luscious vintage labels too… swoon!
Ever come across a tattered quilt that isn’t quite good enough to use, but you can’t stand to throw it out? This charming idea will make your heart happy again!
Oh my goodness… my mom had these trays all over the house. Little did she know she had the beginnings of a bird sanctuary! This is so clever!
So, what did you make this past week?
Link up projects NEW to Party Junk please.
No need to link back. A share of the top graphic and clicking through your fav features to pin would be great instead! 🙂
However, for those that ask:
To upload the button, right click the button above, save to desktop, upload into your blog post like a photo, apply a no-follow attribute, and attach this post’s url as a link to the picture.
~ Party Junk blah blah linkup rules ~
1. Upcycled, DIY home projects only please. Items for sale must be in tutorial form on your blog.
2. Linkups must be your own work, not another’s.
3. Only projects new to Party Junk please. The themed linkup (if applicable) is an exception.
4. By linking up here, you’re cool with me featuring you on my blog, Pinterest, Twitter, FJI Facebook and I Love That Junk with a link back to you, or its own new LINK WIDGET with no additional permission required.