Someone once said, whatever you put online is kinda forever… and I happen to agree.
So it’s only natural we’d want to showcase our best, as it gets spread around the universe in so many creative social media kinda ways.
But let’s be honest for a moment… because online is a little like opening my front door to my home for your visit, of course I’m going to clean up for that.
What’s in front of the camera is the most important thing.
But what lays behind, is a whooooooole other story!
DIY blogging is a little like movie making. This picture above is in my photo studio.
The room is a simple room with nice sized windows, offering great light, and painted out all white.
Honestly, it’s nothing fancy. If you need a photo studio for yourself, you’ll need to sacrifice a room with good lighting. Which is totally worth it.
I always find it mildly amusing that I can get something like this out of that room!
became THIS pretty, staged finished shot, that resembles being used in a part of my home.
THAT is the art of photography, and capture.
Lately I’ve been dabbling a little more with live broadcasting. I wasn’t sure where I was going with it at first, but I’ve quickly found, it’s a nice companion to a blog post, making it come alive a little more, as in furthering the story being told.
For example… to chime into today’s story…
Here’s a periscope on creating your own photo studio out of a simple room… and
How to land ‘the beauty shot.”
See how nicely they correlate with today’s story?
BUT… adding these broadcasts into blog posts is only part of the fun!
Being a PART of a live broadcast is where it’s really at! 🙂
How to watch a Periscope Broadcast
Periscope is a mobile phone app, that showcases live videos you can take part in!
You can also watch replays on your phone for up to 24 hours, or online afterwards.
1. Download the app from HERE
2. Once downloaded, do a search for those you wish to follow. My handle is Funky Junk Interiors, or Funky Junk Donna. Type in Funky Junk and I should pop up.
3. When you sign up, use a user name along with your first name if possible. It’s hard to say hi to rwnldi59. I don’t know who you are! 🙂
4. If you turn your notifications on, you can be alerted when a broadcast goes live, so you can join in the session! Mess with your s
5. If you miss the live broadcast, the replay will be available on your phone for up to 24 hours.
6. After 24 hours, it’s stored online at Katch.me HERE.
BUT… it’s way more fun live on your phone, so you can join in! 🙂
So, I hope you’ll download the app, and try it out!
So… here’s where YOU come in!
Is there a topic you’d like me to touch on? It can be anything. Just let me know in comments below, and I’ll see about incorporating it in!
What would YOU like to hear about? Hmm… maybe I should do a Periscope on that very question… download the app so you can be ready to join in! 🙂
p.s. it appears Facebook now has a live broadcast option… I may try that soon! But until then…