Since that hasn’t transpired, here’s a way of pretending I’m there anyway.
Introducing, the Getaway Collection from Funky Junk’s Old Sign Stencils!
And the coolest part? There are countless ways to mix and match these guys.
These were so fun to make! The stencils are designed to completely mix and match with each other, so you can create any saying combinations you wish!
So… here’s how I put them ALL to use as is…
Note: I used a variety of colours, and even mixed them up to make a few more shades of my own. They mix beautifully!
4. With a very dry to the touch brush, tap each letter until desired coverage results.
NOTE: Your stencils will be in white mylar… these are vinyl samples, which is used for part of the initial design process.
Learn HOW TO STENCIL HERE
1. Stencil with one colour first.
2. Leaving stencil in place, go over the stencil just in the middle, top or bottom with a 2nd colour, fading towards the first colour.
Try different ways! I even mottled some letters completely for a very weathered over time look. Beachy indeed!
1. Cut one tip of a board at a 45 degree angle.
2. Flip it over and do it again.
3. Rough coat the board with your fav paint, heavier in the centre. Leave the edges bare as shown.
4. After stencilling, lightly sand edges and over top of lettering.
Paint source / Fusion Mineral Paint’s Casement / needs no primer nor topcoat… love it! Thanks for the samples, Fusion!
Hang them side by side, slightly staggered, and add hooks or screws for:
beach or pool towels
a changing area
a beachy front entry
towels for bathroom
*note – this newly updated collection will be in the store during the last week of March 2016 *