There’s a great town near me called Langley. And whenever business takes me in that direction, I always attempt to squeeze in some fun along the way.
Langley is really well known for it’s junking and antique haunts and Napiers is generally on my list.
One thing this place DOESN’T have is a lack of stock. Every square inch is literally stuffed to the rafters.
It’s so tight in some places you feel a bit claustrophobic. But in a good way. What’s not to love about this kinda stuff surrounding you?
Overwhelmed? I generally am too whenever I first walk in. But if I start to zero in on individual things, it gets a bit easier to take in and appreciate.
The place is so stuffed, it has semi trailers out back that are also open to shoppers. Pretty crazy, huh?
So… one of the most asked question generally thrown my way is,
“What would you do with a _____?”
Want to play along? I’ll tell you my first impression on what I see with these things and feel free to do the same in comments if you wish!
1. unusual garden pond or outdoor flower garden
(or gutsy coffee table… ha!)
2. firewood storage, mag/newspaper holder, drying hydrangeas, dirty laundry, bathroom towels, outdoor flower pot
Coffee break… cool way to sign up your store! This would look neat in a home too.
K, back to work!
3. Hubcaps = Look at all those amazing clocks or Christmas wreaths. 🙂
4. doors – desk toppers, wall character with hooks or mirror, chalkboards, bulletin boards, replace newer doors with older doors
5. bench – coffee table, end of bed blanket holder, window seat, mudroom, bathroom towel holder
6. highchair – plant holder
7. barbed wire – why, a fall wreath of course! 🙂
8. rug beater – primitive wall hanging as is, jewelry holder, photo frame
9. ACK. LOVE. I’d use this for ANYTHING.
Why oh why didn’t I take this home…
That was fun. So let’s go pay for my rug beater and barbed wire I took home.
This little cash counter has LOADS of character. Reminds me of a Harry Potter style bank.
If you’re ever in Langley, BC, gotta check out Napiers.
And as if that wasn’t enough…
…this beauty was right across the road.
And you KNOW what happened next, right?
More to come… 🙂
(and wait till you see the place next to the CHURCH!! That’s coming too…)
What would you do with the above things?
(cut and paste below if you wish…)
1. Wheelbarrow =
2. Metal bins (what are these?!?) =
3. Hubcaps =
4. Doors =
5. Bench =
6. Highchair =
7. Barbed wire =
8. Rug beater =
9. ACK why didn’t I get this cabinet =
Click HERE to enter