I sure am! But we don’t seem to have lots of woodsy stuff in our thrift stores of late, so… I made my own oversized reclaimed wood cutting board Apple Farm tray out of a few fence planks, and a stencil.
But that’s not all…
Mindi from My Love 2 Create banded together 8 building bloggers, with the challenge of repurposing something, including some building techniques! Fun!
What a lottery kinda day THIS was!
After pressure washing them (shown HERE), I ended up with some pretty nice planks!
So let’s make this thing.
How to make an oversized cutting board:
4. Trace onto one side of the boards, then flip and repeat to the other side.
5. Cut out your shapes with a jigsaw.
6. Sand REALLY WELL, including the edges until very rounded, like a real cutting board would be.
Cool huh? Looks kind of real!
7. Using a spade drill bit, create a hole in the handle, and loop twine through it for a tie. If you want.
(not shown.. oops! so here’s a finished shot and what a spade drill bit looks like)
8. ‘Crate it up’ with a cool stencil if desired.
Shown – Apple FARM from my own line HERE.
To get nice sharp edges, How To Stencil is HERE.
Whatever did I ever use to do without these things?!
Aaaand… let’s check out the rest! I can’t wait…