Do you recognize yesterday’s fuzzy wood round and washer Christmas garland up above? They are part of the junk wrap on these rusty toolbox pretend Christmas presents!
You’ve seen pretend wrapped presents in other’s homes for that festive look. Well, this is the junker’s version and they truly couldn’t be more cute!
How I made them:
1. To create a sheet music ribbon, tear a sheet out of the book and fold over exposing the torn edge.
2. Tape them in place. If the pages are too short, double them up to create more length.
I just read the book page. “And he took him out.” I ought to read the rest of that story! Look what I missed…
3. Tape some doubled up string in place for a little more detail.
4. If your toolbox has a handle on top, use something to elevate your next layer so the next toolbox sits flat. I used cut wood rounds from my wood round washer garland.
5. Embellish the top toolbox with twine, garland, a spray of evergreen, whatever you wish! Sprinkle with faux snow, and wish you made 20 more because you’ll end up carrying them through your entire home wishing you could leave them EVERY where.
Too bad I forgot to take my paint and brushes out of one of them… oops! I think I’d better tuck this under the tree in order to get them back!
Do you create pretend presents around your home? Think you’ll try these?
See you tomorrow for Day 9!