If there ever was a benefit to being the indecisive type, I think I may have found one! Eureka!
When I started getting requests for a Christmas coffee stencil design with old sign stencils, I stalled. Hot Cocoa is so mainstream… so how could I do this in a way that would get more milage out of one simple season?
These are two separate sign stencils that:
– can be grain sacks or signs,
– that completely mix and match with each other,
– in both Christmas and every day ways.
Allow me to show you the way…
I LOVE coffee bean sack and grain sack designs! Authentic rocks, but boy can they either be hard to find or incredibly expensive. If one can mimic an old sign, why not a grain sack?
How to make a Christmas-themed grain sack coffee pillow instantly!
Christmas Blend Hot Cocoa comes with its own grain sack stripe!
We also now carry 6 different Grain Sack Stripes to choose from HERE
1. Select your material or pre-made pillow case of choice. (I used a premade sand bag from the local hardware store – costs approximately $2)
2. Place plastic wrap, a bag or something waterproof inside the bag.
3. Stencil the grain sack stripes down the centre, and allow to dry.
Tip: Go lighter in tone on the grain sack lines, so the top graphics to pop against them.
Homestead Blend Coffee Served Here is a 1-piece stencil.
5. Place masking tape under the little triangle registration marks, and pencil them in.
6. Reposition Homestead Blend Coffee over the registration marks, and stencil COFFEE only.
It’s a little like magic. The two stencils were designed on top of each other so the measurements work wonderfully with one another, making each phrase interchangeable with the other. It’s like having many more stencils than just 2!
Tip: Be sure to go heavy enough over the grain sack stripe to cover them as much as possible. It’s ok if some shines through. The authentic ones do too!
Isn’t that sharp?! Allow to dry, and stuff your pillow!
Or use as place mats.
A table cloth.
Make an apron.
Decorate a tote bag.
Cover a bulletin board.
Or just frame it and love it.
Obviously your own creativity will dictate what to do with this!
So, here’s the fun part.
Say you’d rather have a sign. Or maybe you want it to read Hot Cocoa instead. Or maybe you want to celebrate your hot cocoa or coffee in a non festive way.
Christmas Blend and Homestead Blend stencils are sized to fit onto crates or pillows and can be mixed and matched in endless combinations. Get both to reap all the benefits!
Find these stencils in-store HERE
And you know I’m good for a few more projects with some of these designs, yes?
Now to pick which one…
What would you make?
See Homestead Blend made into a coffee toolbox HERE.
Visit more Old Sign Stencil projects HERE